Eskgammon has it’s own forum where you can discuss all things Eskgammon and why not regular backgammon as well.
There is also a section for IBA.
The forum is invite only so follow the instructions below to get in. They are kept minimalistic on purpose, apparently the 5 item version works best for people (and not the detailed one 🙂 ).
Note: If you were a member of IBA you can now login to the forum using your Member Record Center username and password. If you have forgotten your password, use the “I forgot my password” and login to the MRC to test your credentials : IBA Member Record Center
After that login to the forum at : https://forum.jobscoop.fi
Anyway, if you are having trouble, don’t worry. 50+ people are in already without trouble but I
don’t expect everyone to get in as easily following these quickie instructions.
Because of item 8) it might be a good idea to set up an account on PiranhaZone first and use that as your alias. Instructions can be found here set up play on PiranhaZone
If you are a former IBA player, we recommend a username that starts with “IBA_” and preferably your old Netgammon username. So my old “gv_eskimo” would become “IBA_gv_eskimo”.
- Mail firstname.lastname@example.org using the email you will log in with (giving your surname and first name is also appreciated – those will not be shown unless you want to).
(IBA players can mail email@example.com)
- Wait. You will get a mail saying ok, please continue from step 3) in about 1-48h, volunteer style.
- Go to First time login and authentication
- Later on this link to the forum is what you are supposed to use to enter the forum.
The first link (3.) is used once just to get yourself authenticated.
- Don’t stress. Some of the following is in Finnish as this site runs under a Finnish company. I simply haven’t had time to translate everything. There are also English instructions on the actual site so no need to worry.
- Click on “I have forgotten my password” (this requests a password change which also authenticates you).
- Enter your email and send yourself an authentication link
NOTE: The link in the mail works with gmail, hotmail and several other email systems. If the email you use cuts lines into several pieces you need to copy and paste everything into one line. You will also be told this when you use the link if it’s incomplete.
- Using the link you will be able to enter an username, your real surname and first name (optional, clear if you don’t want them visible – it is possible to clear them later as well) and a password (appears twice) for yourself. Take care when creating an username, changing it later might make people confused.
- Once done there should be a “Ideaverkko-foorumille” link to follow (basically http://forum.jobscoop.fi/)
- If you see the forum with an Ideaverkko headline we are almost done.
- You can read some basic instruction on how the forum works (it’s quite good but might not look like forums people are used to).
If you feel lost at the beginning, clicking on the Ideaverkko-text at the top probably
gives you a view that is easiest to understand compared to other forums.
The actual IBA writings can be found here IBA category